The dahlias in my garden are the emblem of dignity and elegance.






 

The dahlias in my garden are in full bloom.

Large, robust, elegant, they represent a true emblem.

The flowers have all a symbolism enveloping us in their magical world full of colors and perfumes.

I collected the bulbs of these dahlias from my mother's house, transplanted them into my garden and here is the result.

The dahlia was used by the Aztecs to decorate feasts in ancient times. This flower is named after the Swedish botanist Anders Dahl. 

The dahlia or Dhalia is a tuberous plant, like the potato or the peanut plant. It belongs to the genus of plants of the Asteraceae family and is native to Mexico. In fact, it is their national flower.

Its showy flowers emerge from its decorative foliage held by slender stems from mid-summer until the first autumn frosts.

Combine them with simple pots that do not dispute their stardom.

The dahlia was used by the Aztecs to decorate feasts in ancient times. This flower is named after the Swedish botanist Anders Dahl.

It is a flower with great value for decorative purposes. The flowers are very different in shape and color. 

The best time for planting is spring. Previously in the fall, after the loss of vegetation, we pulled the bulbs out of the ground and kept them all winter in silica sand.

Source: Steemit

Comments

  1. This is not the first time I have planted dahlias in my garden. I think they are beautiful flowers and I have tried to grow them on more than one occasion without much success, but this year I decided to apply myself and make them last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahlias, which are actually a whole genus of plants of the Asteraceae family, are flowers that have been highly valued and appreciated for their beauty practically since their discovery in ancient New Spain. Today it is the flower symbol of Mexico, and is deeply linked to its tradition, history and culture, as evidenced by the constitution of the Mexican Dahlia Association more than a decade ago.

      Delete

Post a Comment